Finland has this mandatory military service for men and voluntary for women. Some start it in summer, some in winter. The army of course gives you everything the army thinks you need to survive. However, if you want to thrive there, you might want to bring along some extra gear, especially if you end up there in the colder months. This group has some useful equipment that will make your army days a bit less gloomy in the winter blizzards and sleet storms.
If you are looking for something to give to someone who is about to enter the Finnish military service but don’t know what would be the best thing to have, how about a Varusteleka gift card. That way they will surely get exactly what they need.
Thrive in the Finnish army in winter
As we know, the Finnish winter is usually a tad chilly so if your gear is crappy, you might feel a bit cold. It is also dark as hell, so the conditions are a notch more exciting than in the summertime. This group has just a few suggestions, so you should look into our product groups in more detailed manner. There might be some good stuff there, too.
- Puukko is the basic tool of every Finnish soldier.
- Flashlights and headlamps with adjustable illumination and preferably the red light. No need to trip on rocks or bump into trees anymore.
- Reliable fire-starting equipment is vital to have when camping in the forest in winter.
- High-quality Merino wool underwear and socks are worth bringing along. If you are heading northbound, these can be a bit thicker. Merino wool is pleasant to wear and it won’t start stinking that easily. Airing them out is usually enough.
- Some yummy food that gives you a lot of energy is also good to have with you. For example beef jerky and chocolate with caffeine are worth their weight in gold on long camps and drills.
- Cobra Bore Cleaning System is just the thing you want for cleaning your gun and drying it. Forget the old crap that is traditionally used. This is a lot handier.
47.99 - 87.99 USD
19.99 - 29.99 USD
16.99 - 19.99 USD