Varusteleka's Remote Military March, APR 28–29, 2023
Greetings, Remote Soldiers! Spring is upon us, and it is time to put on a backpack, and punish your feet again in a fun way. The South Karelian Military March (EKS) is on April 28–29, 2023. During this weekend, you can also take part in the Varusteleka’s Remote Military March!
We came up with the Remote Military March originally as a substitute for the South Karelian Military March, so people could maintain their rucking condition also during the pandemic. Due to popular demand, we decided to organize the Remote Military March again, because not everyone can take part in the physical event. Now the Remote March is an annual event. You know the drill: execute your march according to our guidelines, and share the fun on social media. This way we can keep our rucking condition in top shape, and perhaps someone likes the way this sucks, right?
All participants who complete the challenge can redeem the coveted Varusteleka's Remote Military March patch and will enter a raffle for 1 pcs of 100 € gift card and 2 pcs of 50 € gift cards. The patch is the same for all divisions and marching distances.
Note: If you are lucky enough to participate in the South Karelian Military March, you are also eligible to redeem the Remote Military March Patch. To make this happen, you must register to the Remote Military March as well!
Register as a participant
Registration is closed.
This year the Remote Military March registration is done in advance. Please register to the event only if you are at least almost certain of your participation. We will order the patches according to the number of registered participants, so this way we can minimize the amount of non-redeemed patches. Register April 15th at the latest!
- Time for march April 28–29, 2023
- Register yourself in advance with the form – the form is open until April 15, 2023
- The Remote Military March patch can be redeemed with a code along with your next purchase – the code is valid for 6 months
- The codes will be sent ASAP after the marching is done
When and where
Friday, April 28 - Saturday, April 29, 2023, at a place of your own choosing.
- Open: Your choice of clothing and shoes, at least 10 kg / 22 lbs rucksack from start to finish
- Military: Combat uniform, boots that cover the ankle, at least 10 kg / 22 lbs rucksack from start to finish
- Recon: Minimum requirements as in the Military Division. In addition, you must spend the night outside (under a tarp, in a tent or hammock, or something along these lines) and march back during the following day. The marching distances can be chosen from the available ones below, for example 50 + 50 clicks. ATTENTION! Please be aware of your own performance level and health. If you are unsure or do not have the experience required, do not take on this challenge.
25 km or 50 km (15.6 or 31.1 miles). The route is up to you, but should include both paved and unpaved roads.
Code of conduct
- Register before April 15, 2023
- March your desired distance alone or in small groups
- If possible, some sort of trailing or GPS tracking would be nice, so turn on that sports watch or draw your route on a map
- Share your experiences on social media using the hashtags #varusteleka #VRMM23
So fill your rucksack with rocks, replace the boot laces, and go!
Some entertainment before the march
- Take a look at last year’s event on Instagram
- March or Die! A Basic Guide to Military-Style Movement on Foot
History of Remote Military Marches
- Varusteleka's Remote Military March, APR 22–24, 2022
- Varusteleka's Remote Military March, APR 23–25, 2021
- Varusteleka's Remote Military March APR 25–26, 2020