Wanted: Tactical Product Manager
Your tasks will include product development, category management, purchases and evolving our house brands Särmä TST and Terävä. These brands represent the highest quality and functional design for demanding users.
Key areas of work:
- Product development and upkeep for Särmä TST and Terävä brands
- Category planning and pricing
- Sales and marketing of Särmä TST and Terävä brands (in co-operation with other teams)
- Purchases and supplier management and co-operation
- Technical know-how and experience with textile business
- A passion for military/LE and outdoor gear and an understanding of the requirements of gear in a modern battlefield
- Material knowledge regarding requirements of military/LE and outdoor gear
- Experience with communication to suppliers and manufacturers
- Commercial know-how and vision
- Negotiation skills
- Control of big pictures
- Language skill: English
We offer a steady job with 40 hours / week. Varusteleka is a good company to work for: benefits include incredible staff prices and more insurance and medical coverage than required - which is already quite a bit by Finnish standards. Employees have access to our well-equipped gym and sauna and have a Bike-To-Work option.
Tempted, but want to know more about working in Finland? Read on here: Work in Finland
Varusteleka is a military and outdoors specialist shop. We serve our customers at our brick-and-mortar shop in Helsinki and globally through our website. We sell clothes, equipment and boots among other things, both factory new and military surplus. Our selection has a heavy emphasis on house brands Särmä, Särmä TST, Terävä and Jämä. All our operations are in the same location, where you will be stationed as well.
If you have a positive attitude and you're a straight-up person and lifelong learner, send an application along with a CV and desired pay via e-mail to [email protected]. If you use attachments, please choose a format we can open, such as PDF.
The deadline is NOV 23rd 2018 at 12:00 (+3 UTC), or when a suitable person has been found. We will start interviews immediately, so be quick! The work will start as soon as possible.