Salomon Speed Assault, black
The name says it all: these are fast and offensive running attack shoes. As light as they come with a tread that tackles anything below your feet: mud, roots, sand, rivers of blood of your enemies... With stealthy colours these will blend in with your high-speed low-drag kit.
The idea when it comes to Salomon Speed Assault and water is that the shoes are probably going to be dunked anyways: better make them with the least amount of water-absorbing material to keep them light and allow fast drying. Heard it before? Yes: US Jungle Boots as used in Vietnam followed the same principle. War-proven!
The Speed Assaults are light, grippy and light. They are fast to put on, shed water and dirt to keep you moving fast and protect your feet.
- High traction Contagrip sole
- Mid-height ankle protection
- Salomon QuickLace for easy and even tightening
- Welded construction to minimize sewn seams
- Stretch heel collar to keep dirt out of the shoe
Sizes listed in UK size, then comparable EU size. Foot length in millimetres (Mondopoint) found in the chart below. The last width on these is narrow/regular: narrow-footed people will be happier with these compared to other models and regular feet will be fine. If you have wide feet, consider picking a half-size larger.
|7||40 2/3||258 mm|
|7,5||41 1/3||262 mm|
|8,5||42 2/3||271 mm|
|9||43 1/3||276 mm|
|10||44 2/3||284 mm|
|10,5||45 1/3||289 mm|
|11,5||46 2/3||298 mm|
|12||47 1/3||302 mm|
|13,5||49 1/3||315 mm|
Official measuring guide for Salomon footwear
- Use a shoe box or a wall with a 90° angle.
- Find a sheet of paper or a sheet of cardboard, a ruler and a pen.
What should you do next?
- Make sure that you are wearing the same socks that you would normally wear with this type of boot.
- Wearing these socks, stand on the sheet of paper and place the outside of your foot against the wall or place your foot in the shoe box with your heel wedged firmly against the back.
- Then use your pen and ruler to draw a line just in front of your big toe.
- Measure the distance between the wall or the side of the shoe box and the line that you have just drawn.
- Find this measurement in millimetres in the chart. If you fall between sizes, pick the larger one. A couple of mm extra length of a shoe doesn't hurt, but even a slightly too short shoe is bad.
Made by Salomon
Known for sports & offroad shoes, Salomon has ventured to military territory too. As one could imagine, the footwear they make is a mix of military requirements and sport shoe features.
Made in Vietnam with tough specs and QC.
Salomon XA Forces MID
Soviet hemp rope, surplus
Särmä TST CP15 Combat pack
Särmä TST CP10 Mini Combat pack
Särmä Zip-off trousers
Särmä TST L3 Wind jacket
Särmä TST L1 Merino Wool Beanie
Särmä Short Merino Socks
Woly Protector 3 x 3 impregnation spray, 300 ml
Särmä Merino Socks
Särmä Premium Merino Socks, Lightweight
You have already submitted a review. You can edit your text by clicking on it.
Log in and write a review.