Proceed to cart
Recommended also
Mountainhill Italian Wool Blanket, Reproduction
Mountainhill Italian Wool Blanket, Reproduction.
Mountainhill Italian Wool Blanket, Reproduction.
Mountainhill Italian Wool Blanket, Reproduction.
Anton Blöchl

Mountainhill Italian Wool Blanket, Reproduction

Price 59.99 USD excluding sales tax
Shipping starting at 12.99 USD Free 100 day returns Free shipping for orders over 200 USD

Oh, those classic Italian army blankets, you remember them? They were the dog's bollocks in their time, but now sold out and gone. Well someone didn't just stand there, but went off and made a reproduction. These are made by Mountainhill, and they’re otherwise just like their other blankets we stock, but in the Italian army blanket colour scheme fit for oh-so-many purposes! Plus a funny star symbol.

  • In stock 26 pcs. Sold 7 pcs in the last two weeks.
Add to cart Add to cart Choose variation First select a product Loading Just a moment, thank you!
Add to wish list Add to wish list
Trouble with the metric system? Try our converter:
cm = 0' 0" or 0" and
feet  inches = 0 cm
Mountainhill Italian Wool Blanket, Reproduction.
Mountainhill Italian Wool Blanket, Reproduction.
Mountainhill Italian Wool Blanket, Reproduction.

Oh, those classic Italian army blankets, you remember them? They were the dog's bollocks in their time, but now sold out and gone. Well someone didn't just stand there, but went off and made a reproduction. These are made by Mountainhill, and they’re otherwise just like their other blankets we stock, but in the Italian army blanket colour scheme fit for oh-so-many purposes! Plus a funny star symbol.

The original Italian army blanket cranked up some kind of a minor cult status among bushcrafters and history fanatics all the way from Wild West maniacs to the World War reenactors. The charm of this blanket came from the soothing brownish color scheme with lighter stripes, large wool content and also the traditional-looking weave pattern. These were also just the perfect material for making blanket coats (capotes) and worn as improvised clothing. We have also field tested the original Italian blankets way back and concluded that they're thin, coarse, and cold, but undeniably pleasant looking, especially when neatly rolled on top of your pack.

Materials and care

The next revelation might not come as a surprise: These are warmer and slightly thicker than the originals, but at the cost of having "only" 80% wool. The remaining 20% is recycled polyester. Despite the difference, these work just like all-wool blankets. Even care is the same: air every now and then, wash rarely if ever. If needed, dry cleaning is ideal. If you want to wash these, do it in cold water and hang them to dry.

Size info

Length and width approx. 210 x 155 cm (82" x 61"), so these are big. The size can vary just a tiny bit from one blanket to the next. Weight: c. 2 kg (4.4 lbs) so these aren’t the magical elf cloaks for ultralight hikers but the good ol’ stuff from the time when people could still carry things.

New production

Made by Mountainhill. These are all factory new. The price isn't bad for such a nice blanket. The differences to compared to the original Italian blanket are the funnly little star symbol and slightly lighter colour scheme.

Kierto Circular Economy

Return this product used but clean and unbroken, and you'll receive half of the product's original price as Varusteleka credits. Service is available only in Finland. Only Registered users can make Kierto returns. See more information about Kierto.

All products: Anton Blöchl

Recommendations

Loading products... Loading products...

Reviews

You have already submitted a review. You can edit your text by clicking on it.

Log in and write a review.

Comments

Comment this or discuss with other Varusteleka regular users. If you wish to ask us anything, please click on the message button on the right side of the page. You can also send us email or call us! Log in and join the conversation.

Please report this text if for example:

  • Text is wildly obscene or completely irrelevant.
  • The reviewer has not actually used the product he is reviewing.

If you strongly disagree with this text, please press thumb down button.

Thank you!

Cancel
Loading...