Dutch "Lowe Alpine Sting rucksack" DPM, surplus
A fully modern, well designed rucksack named after a famous singer for an unbeatable price - Lowe Alpine Sting that has visited the Dutch army. 50 + 20 = 70 litres carrying capacity and adjustable back. Modern stuff through and through.
Note: the sleeping bag & sleeping mat shown in the extra picture are not included.
The Dutch are out of their mind to let stuff this good go. This kit is as good as they come, suitable for situations where poor quality items could mean serious failure.
- Total volume 70 litres
- A large undivided main compartment, save for two low profile pockets
- A bottom compartment divided from the main compartment with a drawcord sock
- Free floating lid with a pocket on top
- Weather sock on the mouth
- Removeable side pouches (10 l each)
- A huge amount of attachment points for extra stuff and PALS/MOLLE compatible stuff.
- An inside pocket for a standard hydration bladder (Source WXP will fit)
- Reinforced bottom
Compression straps on the sides, hidden behind the side pouches side pouches. When you remove the side pouches, the side zippers can be closed, making the pack extra slim. The side pouches can also be zipped together to form a daypack, but the straps for this are not included. The space between the rucksack and the side pouch is left open for carrying longer stuff.
- Internal metal frame
- Padded shoulder straps with proper good adjustments
- Strap location can be adjusted according to user's size
- Sternum strap often included
- Padded hip belt with "Bergbuckle"
- Padded back
- Fully packed ruck measurements about 70 x 90 x 40 cm
- Main compartment size roughly 35 x 70 x 25 cm
- Side pouch dimensions about 20 x 35 x 12 cm
- Weight pretty exactly 3 kg and a few grams.
Material and care
The material is water resistant, IRR treated DPM camouflaged cordura. military grade stuff, very strong. As for care, brush dirt off, use mild soap if necessary. The pack won't mind getting wet of course, but don't try to stuff it inside a washing machine.
Dutch army surplus
Used, but in serviceable condition. The fabric may be faded and there's bound to be some signs of use, but all of the vital parts work. Below a little list of notable things
- The frame might require some re-shaping (use hands)
- There might be extra general purpose straps somewhere attached to the ruck, or not.
- The chest strap might be missing.
- Some random not-so-important bits may be damaged or something, we have no resources to meticulously check every tidbit of a pack this complex. By purchasing a used military rucksack for about a third of its actual as-new value, you just have to accept these things.
- Most things are easily repaired!
Belgian large rucksack, Jigsaw-camo, surplus
Dutch small duffel bag, surplus
Dutch MOLLE pouch, general purpose, small, surplus
Dutch MOLLE E-tool pouch, surplus
Särmä TST RP80 recon pack
Särmä TST CP10 Mini Combat pack
Dutch MOLLE pouch, general purpose, large, surplus
Finnish sleeping mat
Särmä TST General purpose pouch L
Särmä TST Utility strap, pair
Carinthia Defence 4 sleeping bag
Finnish M05 pack sack
You have already submitted a review. You can edit your text by clicking on it.
Log in and write a review.
does not recommend
Petri H. 25.07.2016 (Edited 26.07.2016)
sami s. 09.11.2016 (Edited 03.05.2017)
Timo S. 11.04.2017
Mikko S. 26.07.2017
Jarkko K. 24.08.2017
Sami S. 02.10.2017
Jos etsit todella monipuolista rinkkaa, joka taipuu viikon metsäkeikkoihin tai miksei lyhyemmillekin reissuille, niin tilaa heti!