Dutch day pack, 35 l, DPM, surplus
A small, well designed day pack. Ex-Dutch army issue and used. These are made so well that we'd be tempted to give a lifelong guarantee.
In short: If you can get past the camo, this is the perfect little daypack for an unbeatable price/quality ratio! Like a good life, it's well compartmentalised for convenience and even fits a laptop inside. No breaky breaky, this pack is made super mega well.
The modernish Dutch stuff is generally pretty good, and this pack is no exception:
- Padded, uniquely designed shoulder straps with good room for adjustment.
- Adjustable sternum strap.
- A place for a name tag.
- Carrying handle.
- Main comparment divided into three parts. The dividers can be cut off if necessary, but they really help organizing your stuff.
- Against the back, a flat compartment for foam padding (likely not included). Any piece of foam will do. The compartment can also be used for storing documents.
- Side pouches with snap closure. These are open on the backside - useful for long objects.
- The lid is closed with quick release buckles, and features a flat compartment inside. Thanks to the good adjustments, the pack can be overpacked.
- ALICE- and M1910- (and MOLLE- ) compatible attachment points on the front and lid.
- Measurements of the main compartment about 28 x 38 x 14 cm. Don't take these too literally, though.
- Made of durable, military grade DPM-camouflaged nylon material, which most likely is IRR-treated and at least water repellent.
Genuine army surplus
In used, but in good serviceable shape. The best kind of surplus: quite a modern design and made to last.
Dutch MOLLE pouch, general purpose, large, surplus
Dutch MOLLE pouch, canteen, surplus
Dutch MOLLE pouch, general purpose, medium, surplus
Dutch leather gloves, lined, brown, surplus
Romanian breadbag, surplus
Danish gasmask bag, gray, surplus
Dutch "Woobie" Poncho liner, surplus
Särmä Merino Wool Hoodie
Savotta LJK 202 daypack
Berghaus Munro daypack
BW general purpose strap, surplus
Finnish Canteen, 1 l
Swiss general purpose strap with plastic buckle, surplus
You have already submitted a review. You can edit your text by clicking on it.
Log in and write a review.
does not recommend
Harri K. 06.03.2019 (Edited 06.03.2019)
lasse l. 15.03.2019
Jeff D. 01.04.2019
Sami K. 12.04.2019
Shawneen D. 12.04.2019
Needed washing, but otherwise in good shape.
The inside of the main compartment and the side pouches are coated with some kind of waterproofing which was also in good condition.
My pack came with a piece of thick foam padding in the sleeve with the snaps.
The other dividers in the main compartment had been carefully removed by the previous owner...saved me from doing it.
Shoulder straps have wider spacing because of the odd cut...so less likely to cut into side of your neck.
Markus M. 19.04.2019
Jason M. 24.04.2019
Sam W. 28.04.2019
Greg B. 03.05.2019
James S. 19.05.2019
Pete A. 26.05.2019
darryl b. 04.06.2019
gunther r. 05.07.2019
Long life Varusteleka and I love you guys.
James M. 14.07.2019
Andrei S. 15.07.2019
Mine came in a very good overall shape, with both the sternum strap and the thick foam mat. It became my main go-to-mountain backpack. I would definitely buy again.
Kevin A. 16.07.2019
Eemil J. 05.09.2019