DD Travel Hammock
These might also interest you
Mil-Tec 3D Hollowfiber sleeping bag
We don't know how they could make this good a sleeping bag for such a low price, and frankly we don't care either. In short, this is a surprisingly high quality three-season bag, complete with a compression sack. A word of warining: if you are big, you will have a hard time fitting inside!
Mil-Tec tarp, lightweight, 260 x 180 cm, olive drab
Almost like the British army Basha. I.e. a very very handy, large and lightweight waterproof tarp.
DD Frontline Hammock
Frontline is the flagship hammock of DD Hammocks. With this it doesn't really matter where you go, the hammock has clever little features that make it suitable for just about any weather or climate. No wonder many soldiers of the British armed forces love these!
DD SuperLight Hammock
As the name says, this hammock is made to be as light and compact as possible without sacrificing size and quality. Fits in a smock pocket, how about that! No reason not to carry a hammock with you all the time. Especially good for saving space when camping and hiking. Complete package, includes Whoopie Slings, Tree Huggers and Soft Shackle carabiners!
DD 3x3 Tarp
A bloody fantastic tarp, a bit like the British army Basha, but a tad better! Large enough for all kinds of setups, with a LOT of attachment loops. Works well on its own or over a hammock. Comes with a stuffsack, ropes and even pegs!
DD SuperLight Tarp
An incredibly lightweight full size tarp, basically the same thing as DD's 3x3 Tarp but weighing only a ridiculous 460 grams! Large enough for all kinds of setups, with a LOT of attachment loops. Works well on its own or over a hammock. Comes with a stuffsack, lines and even pegs!
With this underblanket, or underquilt if you will, you can camp comfortably in your hammock even when the temperature drops below the freezing point! The underblanket works as an insulator beneath your hammock, providing loft where a flattened sleeping bag can't.
DD 4x4 Tarp
This large multifunctional tarp is great for groups or lone hikers looking for space and comfort. Large enough for all kinds of setups, with a LOT of attachment loops. Works well on its own or over a hammock. Comes with a stuffsack, ropes and even pegs!
DD Frontline Hammock, DD Multicam
Frontline is the flagship hammock of DD Hammocks. With this it doesn't really matter where you go, the hammock has clever little features that make it suitable for just about any weather or climate. No wonder many soldiers of the British armed forces love these! Also available in solid green colour: DD Frontline Hammock.
The Travel Hammock is the waterproof model of DD Hammocks mosquito-netted hammock family. Other than the waterproof base the Travol is basically the same as the non-waterproof Frontline Hammock. The waterproof construction makes it possible to use the Travel Hammock as a waterproof bivvy for your sleeping bag when sleeping on the ground!
For suspension we recommend DD's own suspension kit consisting of:
- Double fabric - you can slip a sleeping mat inside for insulation from the cold.
- Waterproof material - the Travel Hammock can be used as a bivvy bag for sleeping on the wet ground or in the rain! This however also makes it less breathable than the non-waterproof hammocks, which can be a downside in hot climates.
- Very fine insect net, no known bloodsucker will go through the tiny holes. Comes with poles to keep it further away from the sleeper, but these are optional. If the net is not needed, the hammock can just be flipped over so the net remains on the bottom. However, the net can be kept open too and pitching it is just a matter of tying two ropes.
- A few pockets for valuables you don't want to leave lying around the ground.
- Comes with 2 meter long webbing ropes attached, these can either be tied directly around the tree trunk or used to make loops for an adjustable attachment system in combination with climbing carabiners and a lenght of Paracord to make the round-the-tree loop slings.
- Waterproof packsack. Designed for field use, not for factory packaging, which means there's room to just stuff the hammock in.
Material, size and weight
- Made of 190T polyester.
- The manufacturer states these are good for up to 150 kg / 2 m people.
- Measurements 2,7 x 1,4 m.
- The ropes are 2 m long each, not taking in account the Tree Huggers.
- Weight for the whole set 1,17 kg. Packs to about 27 x 17 cm.
Made by DD Hammocks
Founded in 2005, the British DD Hammocks supplies proper quality hammocks, tarps and other related stuff. Along with the common joe, campers, hikers etc., a large customer base is in the British military. If it's good enough for war zones, it should do well in civilian life too. Go check out their web page, DDhammocks.com.