DD Frontline Hammock, DD Multicam
These might also interest you
DD Tree Huggers
The Tree Huggers are DD Hammocks clever, quick and knotless hammock attachment system for trees and other fallistic objects. Just loop the webbing around the tree trunk and attach the hammock lines to the loops!
DD Whoopie Slings
The Whoopie Slings are a fine example of simple yet extremely clever design. These offer a easy and clean way to adjust your hammock! The Whoopie Slings replace the original ropes of the hammock and work with basically any hammock that has channels for ropes at the ends.
DMM XSRE carabiner
An extremely strong, high quality karabiner for climbing, hammock suspension or just about any other purpose where you'd need one. Made in the UK!
Mil-Tec sleeping mat, Olive Drab
The most basic sleeping mat is a piece of foam plastic. Affordable, but not really that high quality. However holes and damage do not alter the function much.
Carinthia Defence 1 sleeping bag
The most lightweight bag in the Defence family, the Defence 1 is intended for summer and early autumn/spring, when the temperature stays at or above 0° C. Very lightweight and packs into a super tight bundle!
DD SuperLight Hammock
As the name says, this hammock is made to be as light and compact as possible without sacrificing size and quality. Fits in a smock pocket, how about that! No reason not to carry a hammock with you all the time. Especially good for saving space when camping and hiking. Complete package, includes Whoopie Slings, Tree Huggers and Soft Shackle carabiners!
DD 3x3 Tarp
A bloody fantastic tarp, a bit like the British army Basha, but a tad better! Large enough for all kinds of setups, with a LOT of attachment loops. Works well on its own or over a hammock. Comes with a stuffsack, ropes and even pegs!
DD Hammock Sleeve
A hammock sleeve is a wonderful little packing aid which keeps your hammock as a nice long tube when packing it away.
DD Mini Karabiner
A small carabiner for most lightweight clip-and-carry tasks
With this underblanket, or underquilt if you will, you can camp comfortably in your hammock even when the temperature drops below the freezing point! The underblanket works as an insulator beneath your hammock, providing loft where a flattened sleeping bag can't.
DD Travel Hammock
The Travel Hammock is the waterproof model of DD Hammocks mosquito-netted hammock family. Other than the waterproof base the Travol is basically the same as the non-waterproof Frontline Hammock. The waterproof construction makes it possible to use the Travel Hammock as a waterproof bivvy for your sleeping bag when sleeping on the ground!
Särmä Erakko hammock
Our very own super simple hammock, made in co-operation with DD Hammocks. We wanted to make the absolutely, positively most simple hammock there is, a perfect choice for anyone who just needs some kind of hammock for leisure use. And simple means less work, sewing and materials which means less price, resulting in a very affordable hammock!
Frontline is the flagship hammock of DD Hammocks. With this it doesn't really matter where you go, the hammock has clever little features that make it suitable for just about any weather or climate. No wonder many soldiers of the British armed forces love these! Also available in solid green colour: DD Frontline Hammock.
For suspension we recommend DD's own suspension kit consisting of:
- Double fabric - you can slip a sleeping mat inside for insulation from the cold.
- Very fine insect net, no known bloodsucker will go through the tiny holes. Comes with poles to keep it further away from the sleeper, but these are optional. If the net is not needed, the hammock can just be flipped over so the net remains on the bottom. However, the net can be kept open too and pitching it is just a matter of tying two ropes.
- A few pockets for valuables you don't want to leave lying around the ground.
- Comes with 2 meter long webbing ropes attached, these can either be tied directly around the tree trunk or used to make loops for an adjustable attachment system in combination with cli mbing carabiners and a lenght of Paracord to make the round-the-tree loop slings.
- Waterproof packsack. Designed for field use, not for factory packaging, which means there's room to just stuff the hammock in.
Material, size and weight
- Material 180T polyester.
- The manufacturer states these are good for up to 125 kg / 2 m people.
- Measurements 2,7 x 1,4 m.
- Weight for the whole set 1,17 kg. Packs to about 27 x 17 cm.
Made by DD Hammocks
Founded in 2005, the British DD Hammocks supplies proper quality hammocks, tarps and other related stuff. Along with the common joe, campers, hikers etc., a large customer base is in the British military. If it's good enough for war zones, it should do well in civilian life too. Go check out their web page, DDhammocks.com.