- Trousers Field and cargo trousers Jeans and work trousers Shorts and sports trousers Wool and dress trousers Winter trousers
- Jackets Field jackets Cold weather jackets Softshell and fleece jackets Leather and pilot jackets Greatcoats and peacoats Dress and wool tunics
- Shirts and vests Fieldshirts Dress shirts Hoodies Pullovers and sweaters Combat shirts Vests and waistcoats
- Undergarment Undershirts Underpants and long johns Underwear and mid-layer sets Merinowool undergarment T-shirts Wifebeaters
- Uniforms and coveralls Snow camo Coveralls Camouflage suits and BDUs
- Rain apparel Rain jackets Wet weather trousers Rain ponchos Wet weather suits
- Womens clothing Women's jackets Women's shirts and vests Women's trousers Skirts and dresses
- Children's clothes Children's clothes
- Gloves and mittens Combat gloves Leather gloves Protective gloves Knit gloves Mittens Gloves and fingerless gloves
- Headwear Field caps Boonies Balaclavas Peaked caps Winter hats Watch caps Berets Side caps Other headwear
- Scarves and tubes Scarves Ties Tubular scarves
- Wallets and key hangers Wallets Keychains Safety reflectors
- Belts and suspenders Leather belts Canvas belts Belt accessories Suspenders
- Boots and shoes Boots without membrane Boots with membrane
- Shoes and jackboots Shoes Boots Snowshoes and skis
- Socks Socks
- Shoe maintenance Polish and dubbing Brushes and kits
- Footwear accessories Insoles Laces and blousers Gaiters Anti-slip
- Rucksacks and bags
- Backpacks and rucksacks Backpacks, up to 25 liters Backpacks and rucksacks, 25-50 liters Backpacks and rucksacks, over 50 liters External frame rucksacks Internal frame rucksacks Daypacks
- Bags Small bags, up to 25 liters Large bags, over 25 liters Toiletry bags Handbags and briefcases Duffel bags Gun bags Shoulder bags
- Rucksack equipment Rucksack covers Utility straps Pack components and accessories
- Sacks and bags Waterproof pack sacks Sacks and bags
- Combat equipment
- Load bearing equipment Combat vests Chestrigs Combat belts, MOLLE/PALS Combat belts Combat belt accessories Drop leg panels Webbing sets and harnesses
- Pouches, MOLLE/PALS Magazine pouches, MOLLE/PALS Misc ammo pouches, MOLLE/PALS Utility pouches, MOLLE/PALS Dump pouches, MOLLE/PALS First aid pouches, MOLLE/PALS Accessory pouches, MOLLE/PALS
- Pouches, belt attachment Magazine pouches Other ammo pouches Accessory pouches
- Pistol holsters Traditional pistol holsters Tactical pistol holsters
- Slings One point slings Two point slings
- Camouflage Camouflage suits and accessories Camouflage nets Camouflage face paint Camouflage wraps NIR camouflage paint
- Personal protection
- Helmets Steel helmets Composite helmets Other helmets Helmet accessories
- Body armor Body armour and carriers Armour plates and inserts
- Gas masks and suits Gas masks Gas mask pouches NBC and protective clothing
- Knee and elbow pads Knee and elbow pads
- Sunglasses and eye protection Ballistic goggles Sunglasses Protective eye wear
- Hearing protectors Active hearing protection Passive hearing protection
- Camping equipment
- Shelters Tarps and shelter halves Tents Shelter equipment Hammocks Jerven Fjellduk
- Sleeping bags and pads Sleeping bags Sleeping bag accessories Sleeping mats Blankets Field cots
- Fire and warmth Matches and fire steels Lighters Stove Hand warmers
- Field stoves Spirit burning stoves Wood burning stoves Solid fuel stoves Gas stoves Fuels and gases
- Canteens and hydration bladders Canteens Hydration packs and accessories Water purification Water containers
- Eating Mess kits Crockery and utensils Drinking cups
- Insect repellants Insect repellent
- Food and beverage
- Food Outdoor food Bars and emergency rations Chocolate and snacks
- Non-alcoholic Lemonade Coffee
- Alcoholic drinks Mead and cider Ales Pale ales Lager and Pils Dark beers Wheat beers Belgian styled beers Other beers
- Tools and electronics
- Knives Puukkos and Leukus Fixed blade knives Folding knives Knife sheaths and carriers Bayonets
- Tools Multi tools Axes and saws Entrenching tools and shovels Blade maintenance
- Illumination Flashlights Headlamps Glow sticks Lanterns and torches Batteries and chargers
- Compasses Compasses
- Storaging Ammo boxes Boxes and cases
- Gun maintenance Gun maintenance equipment Gun maintenance solvents
- Communication equipment Walkie-Talkies Field telephones
- First aid and hygiene
- First aid gear Ready first aid kits Tourniquets and bandages Hemostats and chest seals Thermal blankets Misc. first aid gear Pouches and accessories
- Hygiene and wash up Towels and sheets Hygiene bags Personal hygiene
- Insignia and flags
- Name tags and dog tags Dog Tags Name tags
- Rank insignia Finnish rank insignia Other rank insignia
- Country and unit insignia Country insignia and flag patches Unit insignia Cap badges and cockades
- Blood type and medical patches Blood type patches Medical patches
- Morale patches and reflectors Morale patches Reflectors
- Flags and armbands Flags Armbands
- Materials Fabrics Webbing Hook-and-loop Cordage
- Accessories Plastic buckles Cord locks and zippers Metal buckles Sewing Buttons Tapes
- Paints Spray paints
- Wash and impregnate Washing Textile waterproofers
- Gifts and paperstuff
BW mountain trooper rucksack, old model, surplus
Product added to cart. Click here to move to cart.
Request restock notification and we will email as soon as this product is available.
These might also interest you
Särmä sternum strap
A simple piece of nylon and elastic strap to attach anything with shoulder straps, i.e. backpacks and webbing. Affordable and extremely handy.
Särmä backpack rain cover, orange
In many situations more visibility means better survivability, like amongst urban traffic or when hunting (conversely, probably not during the Italian hunting season). Around here the weather is usually crappy too. Thus, a perfect accessory for anyone wearing a backpack is a rain cover for it.
Source ILPS hydration reservoir, w/ UTA-adapter, 2-3L
Integrated Low Profile System - an extremely low profile hydration bladder designed for integration with body armour, works equally well inside a rucksack too naturally. Comes with the UTA-adapter, a handy little device with which you can fill the reservoir without digging it out of your backpack or vest.
BW mountain troops rucksack, surplus
Let's just go ahead and say that this is the best surplus rucksack there is. Very simple, rugged, just the right size for general use, and if it breaks, we'll give you another one.
BW folding sleeping mat, surplus
A great example of German design. This foldable mat also acts as a frame in the Jägerrucksack and the larger infantry ruck (both of which we sell).
BW general purpose strap, surplus
German general purpose strap. Grayish green and at least 50 cm long. Not long enough? Combine two!
Italian mountain rucksack, surplus
A large canvas/linen blend sack, with some very Italian details. Even though not actually a very good rucksack, this certainly is tough and has a certain retro charm to it.
BW parade belt, leather, surplus
The Bundeswehr parade belt looks like a relic from the times when the German bootheels last clacked around Europe. Complete with a metal buckle with the national eagle and the motto of the Democratic Germany: "Links Zwei Drei Vier!" or something. These are getting harder and harder to acquire! If you want one, we suggest taking aktion pretty quickly, ja!
An older version of our best-selling medium sized rucksack. Almost as good as the newer, and way more retro. These are getting rarer by the shipment.
A word on availability: these come in small numbers and are sold in equally small amount of minutes. If you want yours, request and e-mail notification and be prepared to act immediately. We don't take pre-orders on surplus, because we can't promise availability.
Like the modern classic BW rucksack, this older model essentially serves the same purpose, but with more stylish and old fashioned materials and buckles. This means thick canvas, leather and metal. The shoulder straps are strong canvas, not padded and can be released from the bottom.
Admittedly, the newer model is a bit more practical with the fancy plastic buckles and all, but it definitely does not have the retro-style of the old model. And hey, this still isn't a bad rucksack. In fact it's one of the better old school packs we've seen.
Volume about 30-35 litres, extreme measurements 48 x 45 x 23 cm, width without side pockets 30 cm.
Used German army surplus
Made in West-Germany. Used but in perfectly serviceable condition.