Berghaus Atlas rucksack
One of Berghaus' latest military rucksacks, the Atlas combines the old military-know-how and a handful of modern comforts into a single, superb package.
Berghaus started their conquest of the military world during the Falklands War, when British troops needed kit that was up to the challenge they were sent to win. Since then Berghaus has been kitting out the British military and many other European armies with their excellent quality rucksacks.
Along with the obvious choice as a hiking rucksack, this works wonders for the traveller too: sizewise it can be adjusted to ease navigating in dense traffic (trains! God-damn trains!) by removing the side pouches, and the not-so-overtly-military appearance could really be an important factor in some places. The most important thing is that the ruck will not disintegrate on you.
- External measurements approx. 75 x 35 x 27 cm, excluding the side pouches.
- Roughly 100 liter capacity, but you can fit much more.
- Weight 2,90 kg.
- Upper main compartment, covered by a large flap which can be adjusted to accomodate even another rucksack under it.
- A internal divider, which can be opened or closed with a drawcord.
- Lower main compartment, accessed by a zipper and secured by two compressionable straps.
- Removeable side pouches, capacity 10 liters.The long zipper makes accessing the stuff inside easy.
- The side pouches can be removed and carried as a daysack. These also fit other Berghaus products.
- The side pouches are secured by two horizontal straps each, which can be used to compress the main compartment.
- A small zippered pouch inside and a larger one outside the main flap.
- Well padded, sturdy shoulder straps, adjustable in just about any direction.
- A stiffened, well padded waist belt with a sturdy Berghaus buckle.
These come in four different sizes according to user height. A shorter size is often perfectly useable for a taller person, it simply sits a few centimeters higher up, something of a personal preference.
- Size 2: 160-173 cm
- Size 3: 170-183 cm
- Size 4: 183-198 cm
All materials used are high quality polyester and nylon webbing, YKK zippers and Berghaus buckles.
Made by Berghaus
These are not military surplus pieces, but new stuff straight from Berghaus. Like most others, these are made in China too, but to robust specs - Berghaus doesn't fool around.
Berghaus Vulcan rucksack
Berghaus Crusader 90+20 III rucksack
Savotta LJK rucksack
Finnish M05 rucksack, large
Savotta Jääkäri XL rucksack
British PLCE rucksack, DPM, surplus, with frame
Belgian large rucksack, Jigsaw-camo, surplus
Princeton Tec Fred headlamp
Mil-Tec large rucksack rain cover
Berghaus Centurio 30 rucksack
Särmä TST RP80 recon pack
Finnish M05 pack sack
Berghaus Munro daypack
British PLCE bergen liner bag, large, surplus
Särmä TST Utility strap, pair
You have already submitted a review. You can edit your text by clicking on it.
Log in and write a review.