Berghaus Atlas rucksack, surplus
These might also interest you
Mil-Tec large rucksack rain cover
100% waterproof PVC-coated ripstop polyester rain cover. Easy to equip, fits many kinds of rucksacks and takes up very little space when not in use. This larger one will fit over most large bergens. Available in three different colours!
Särmä TST Utility strap, 110 cm
A proper no-bullshit general purpose tie-down strap, generous length (110 cm) and operated by a quick and easy to use SR-buckle. A no-brainer accessory for any backpack for lashing sleeping bags, sleeping pads or even tents. Also doubles up as a belt, if the need arises.
Finnish sleeping mat
Now, if there's something the Finnish army can do right, it's the sleeping gear. Our kip mat is the best one we've ever seen, to be honest. These are made by the official army contractor, Savotta. You can see from the price you've got quality coming.
Jerven Fjellduken Original
Heat reflecting, waterproof, simple and reliable, the Fjellduken Original, or Jerven Bag, is a tarp, poncho, bivvy bag and more all in one. This is what Norwegian hunters and soldiers have been using for the past 30 years, as the makers say "The wheel can not get any rounder!"
Berghaus Vulcan rucksack
Probably the most beloved of all Berghaus rucksacks, the Vulcan represents an older, military design - simple and robust.
Berghaus Atlas rucksack
One of Berghaus' latest military rucksacks, the Atlas combines the old military-know-how and a handful of modern comforts into a single, superb package.
Swiss general purpose strap with plastic buckle, surplus
An excellent strap to attach things onto your equipment with. 21st century stuff, this comes with a plastic quick-release buckle!
Mil-Tec Roll-up Sack
Just like the legendary Soviet Veshmeshok, but sprinkled with the wonder confetti of the modern age! Straight outta Transformers, this nylon sack folds into a belt pouch sized contraption.
Finnish M05 pack sack
A Finnish military waterproof packsack, perfect size as a daypack liner. These are quite a leap forward from any standard plastic shopping bags. Available in brown and green.
ITW SR Split-Bar buckle
The Split-Bar SR buckle is a very handy spare and mod part, unlike usual SR buckles the Split-Bar female piece can be removed and attached without unstitching/stitching any webbing loops!
Berghaus Centurio 30 rucksack
A very versatile medium size military backpack, highly adaptable, works equally well as a smaller daypack or for hauling enough kit to keep you going for a few days. Compatible with Berghaus MMPS side pockets!
Alright, everybody knows Berghaus, this here is one of their latest military rucksacks, the Cyclops II Atlas. If you're looking for an anatomic, military grade rucksack then this is your #1 choice! Berghaus knows their stuff, Atlas combines decades of military experience into a single, superb package.
Berghaus started their conquest of the military world during the Falklands War, when British troops needed kit that was up to the challenge they were sent to win. Since then Berghaus has been kitting out the British military and many other European armies with their excellent quality rucksacks.
These came from the German KSK, which is such a recommendation that these should be good enough for just about anybody!
- External measurements approx. 75 x 35 x 27 cm, excluding the side pouches.
- Roughly 100 liter capacity, but you can fit much more.
- Weight 2,90 kg (with frame).
- Upper main compartment, covered by a large flap which can be adjusted to accomodate even another rucksack under it.
- A internal divider, which can be opened or closed with a drawcord.
- Lower main compartment, accessed by a zipper and secured by two compressionable straps.
- Removeable side pouches, capacity 10 liters.The long zipper makes accessing the stuff inside easy.
- The side pouches can be attached to one another and carried separately (shoulder straps are not included).
- The side pouches are secured by two horizontal straps each, which can be used to compress the main compartment.
- A small zippered pouch inside and a larger one outside the main flap.
- Well padded, sturdy shoulder straps, adjustable in just about any direction.
- A stiffened, well padded waist belt with a studry plastic buckle, either of Berghaus' own design or the usual Fastex type.
These come in four different sizes according to user height. A shorter size is often perfectly useable for a taller person, it simply sits a few centimeters higher up, something of a personal preference.
- Size 2: 160-173 cm
- Size 3: 170-183 cm
- Size 4: 183-198 cm
All materials used are high quality, combat proof and proven Cordura and nylon webbing, YKK zippers and Berghaus buckles. Some of these are made by a German contractor, LHBW. These are perfect, licensed "copies" made to the same high standards as the Berghaus product.
Issued and used stuff, names and numbers may be written on somewhere and some repairs, very well done, can be found. All are in perfectly serviceable condition!