Särmä TST Recon Smock
Our take on the smock style field jacket. Loads of pockets, simple and rugged construction.
Release postponed due to unforeseen events which we have no power over. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience, we will update this page with further info as the situation develops. As of now we are unsure if these will be ready for sale before January 2019.
- Roomy and loose fit
- Two-way front zipper with buttoned storm flap
- Helmet compatible hood with good adjustments
- Armpit ventilation zippers
- Elastic waist adjustment webbing
- Elastic drawcord adjustable hem
- Articulated elbows
- Reinforced elbows with pad pockets
- Hook-and-loop cuffs
- Loop for name, rank and sleeve patches
- Twelve pockets:
- Two sleeve pockets with buttons and hook-and-loop
- Two buttoned chest pockets
- Two zippered chest pockets
- Two buttoned front hem pockets
- Two zippered front hem pockets
- Large buttoned horizontal back hem pocket w/ internal dividers
- One zippered horizontal rear hem pocket
- Main fabric: 50/50 cotton/polyester
- Mesh lining: 100% polyester
- Reinforcements: 500D Cordura
The measurements in brackets are the recommended user height and chest circumference in centimeters. The fit is oversized to accommodate thick and warm insulating layers underneath. This means you don´t have to switch jackets at the first sign of winter, just add some extra insulation.
The main fabric is ripstop reinforced 50% cotton and 50% polyester. The elbow reinforcements are 500D Cordura. The mesh lining is 100% polyester. All visible fabrics are NIR-compliant.
Wax your smock! The main fabric is pretty "normal" stuff, not especially wind nor waterproof or anything but very breathable (this is not a "Windproof Smock"!). If you want some extra elemental protection we recommend treating your smock with some fabric wax, a very easy and effective trick!
Varusteleka Särmä TST
Särmä TST is our own family of specialized military gear. All Särmä TST stuff is made in co-operation with Finnish military manufacturers, the most important thing for us is high quality MILSPEC grade materials and construction. This is kit that you can trust to really take a beating!
Sewn in Estonia
These are sewn in Estonia, by an experienced factory that has a long history of producing clothing for military, law enforcement and emergency services.
These might also interest you
Särmä TST Rifle bag
Särmä TST L7 Camouflage Anorak
Särmä TST PC18 Plate Carrier
Särmä TST M36 Summer tunic, M05 woodland camo
Särmä TST L7 Camouflage Trousers
Särmä TST RK magazine/multipurpose pouch
Särmä TST Rain poncho, M05 woodland camo
Särmä TST L4 Field Jacket
Särmä TST L3 Loft Jacket
Särmä TST L6 Hardshell jacket
Särmä TST L2 turtleneck shirt, merino wool
CPE elbow/knee pad insert, pair
Särmä Fabric Wax
Särmä TST L4 Combat shirt