Source Assault 20L
These might also interest you
Särmä TST Utility strap, 110 cm
A proper no-bullshit general purpose tie-down strap, generous length (110 cm) and operated by a quick and easy to use SR-buckle. A no-brainer accessory for any backpack for lashing sleeping bags, sleeping pads or even tents. Also doubles up as a belt, if the need arises.
Särmä TST Backpack cover, M05 woodland camo
A waterproof camouflage cover for backpacks, available in three sizes to fit anything from small combat packs to huge overpacked recon packs. Shields your pack from both rain and surveillance, including the NIR spectrum.
Source WXP hydration reservoir, 3L
The cutting edge of hydration systems. Source is a well known and respected manufacturer by both civilians and military personnel alike. Here is the core of the 3l hydration system, the bladder. The Storm valve is Source's speciality, allowing free flow of water when necessary.
Source Patrol 35L
If you want something that's going to last through a war, you'll have to pay a little extra. This is a very high quality hydration-integrated small rucksack with a 38 litre overall capacity, of which 3 litres are reserved for the WLPS hydration bladder which is included.
Source Tactical hydration carrier, 3L
The cutting edge of hydration systems. Source is a well known and respected manufacturer by civilians and military personnel alike.
Source Kangaroo Collapsible Canteen hydration reservoir, 1L
The cutting edge of hydration systems. Source is a well known and respected manufacturer by civilians and military personnel alike. The Storm valve is Source's speciality, allowing free flow of water when necessary.
Source Magnetic Clip
A pair of magnets to attach your drinking bladder tube to a shoulder strap. Just clip them on and you're good to go.
Katadyn Hiker Pro water filter
A compact and reliable water filter, purifies about a litre of water per minute. Made by Katadyn, this here is Swiss quality.
Särmä TST Combat pack
A straightforward, small-medium sized pack designed for quick access and carry of the most essential fighting gear. Not too many fancy little details and trinkets, just the things most people really need.
If you want something that's going to last through a war, you'll have to pay a little extra. This is a very high quality hydration-integrated small rucksack with 20 litres overall capacity - a 3 litre hydration bladder is included.
This thing is bullshit-free. Well designed, well constructed, there's nothing bad to say about this. 10 litres is a very small capacity - this is intentional. People usually make the mistake of taking a too big backpack, which usually just results in them carrying all sorts of useless shoite around. If you really need to carry more stuff, you can always attach a couple of utility pouches to the MOLLE -panels.
- 20 litres overall capacity - with the 3 litre bladder full, you can fit 17 litres of other stuff. On the pack you might find numers such as 10 and 20, but don't panic, these are all 20 litre packs.
- Small size: 45 x 28 x 20 cm (can be tightened to 5 cm deep if empty)
- Dry weight 1,38 kg
- Three compartments - one for the bladder (fits two, if necessary), one big main compartment and one smaller outer compartment with dividers inside. All compartments open with double puller zippers.
- Well designed shoulder straps and waist belt. Correctly adjusted, this pack is a delight to carry.
- Shoulder straps have an adjustable chest strap and loops and bits to hang things from.
- PALS webbing on the back and on the waist belt - you can easily double the carrying capacity.
- Two tightening straps with quick release buckles on each side. These double as attachment straps.
- Two long attachment straps with quick release buckles on the bottom of the pack
- Back and shoulderstraps are padded with mesh padding. This allows some air circulation.
- The bladder compartment obviously has a hole for the tube and the shoulder straps have both the same attachment points, so the tube can on the right or on the left side.
- Velcro on the front for attaching funny insignia.
The price includes one WLPS bladder, which is a very good bladder. Some stats:
- 3 litre capacity
- Source has a lot of fancy tradermarkedTM systems that we do not care to list - what it means is that there is practically no bacteria growth inside the bladder or the tube, water will always taste fresh and there is no need to clean the thing if you use only water.
- The tube is 94 cm long and has a Storm valve. The valve is at a right angle, which makes it easier to drink and requires less tube length. The valve is not a bite one - you pull the endpiece away from the body and water flows, you push it inside and the water flow stops. The valve can be locked and comes with a cap.
- The bladder is very easy to fill - you just open it completely from the top. The lack of any traditional cap means there's one less part to break.
- The tube has an insulating textile cover which is very durable, blocks UV radiation and makes the tube match the colours of the rest of the pack.
Made by Source
Source is one of the leading makers of hydration systems on the worldwide market, their gear are used by militaries and law enforcement units all around the globe. High quality and absolutely reliable, this stuff is made for real use!
Please report this product review if for example:
- Review is wildly obscene or completely irrelevant.
- Reviewer has not actually used the product he is reviewing.
If you strongly disagree with this review, please press "I disagree" button above.