Savotta Rajapartio rucksack
These might also interest you
Särmä TST Utility strap, 110 cm
A proper no-bullshit general purpose tie-down strap, generous length (110 cm) and operated by a quick and easy to use SR-buckle. A no-brainer accessory for any backpack for lashing sleeping bags, sleeping pads or even tents. Also doubles up as a belt, if the need arises. Finnish MILSPEC quality!
Särmä TST Backpack cover, M05 woodland camo
A waterproof camouflage cover for backpacks, available in three sizes to fit anything from small combat packs to huge overpacked bergens. Shields your pack from both rain and surveillance, including the NIR spectrum. Finnish MILSPEC quality!
Finnish sleeping mat
Now, if there's something the Finnish army can do right, it's the sleeping gear. Our kip mat is the best one we've ever seen, to be honest. These are made by the official army contractor, Savotta. You can see from the price you've got quality coming.
Finnish M05 pack sack
A Finnish military waterproof packsack, perfect size as a daypack liner. These are quite a leap forward from any standard plastic shopping bags. Available in brown and green.
Särmä TST Combat pack
A straightforward, small-medium sized pack designed for quick access and carry of the most essential fighting gear. Not too many fancy little details and trinkets, just the things most people really need.
Särmä TST CP10 Mini Combat pack
A smaller, lighter, sleeker variant of our full blooded Särmä TST Combat Pack. 10 liter volume, lots of PALS on the outside, a flat zippered pouch on the back, hydration bladder compartment on the inside, tie down straps against the back and a large mesh pocket on the inside of the panel lid.
Särmä TST RP80 recon pack
The RP80 is a large, top and bottom loading sustainment pack that carriers enough gear to keep you going for weeks. Although streamlined and straightforward the pack design offers almost endless possibilities for modular scaling and optimizing. Extra effort has been put into making the carry system as solid and comfortable as possible.
A smaller rucksack from the Finnish company Savotta. "Rajapartio" means border patrol, and the Border Guards are exactly whom this model was designed for. This is one tough, well made rucksack!
Savotta is a long-time contractor for the Finnish army. They offer army kit to civilians too, but of course without the army property tags. Instead they just sew on their own tags, but that doesn't change the impeccable quality. The Rajapartio pack was designed especially for Border Guard patrols. Unlike the LJK rucksack we also sell, this isn't as big as a brick shithouse, but rather compact.
- Volume 60 litres
- Measurements about 50 x 60 x 25 cm (width x height x depth) - these are for general guidelines only, don't take them as the word of Moses or other heroes of the Bible
- Weight about 2 kg
- Nylon straps and metal buckles
- Internal, removable aluminum frame
- Stitching reinforced in the crucial parts with rivets
- Padded, wide shoulder straps with good room for adjustment
- A wide hip belt with a metal hook closure
Pockets, compartments & others
- A large main compartment with a weather sock
- A zippered compartment below the main space
- Two side pouches - the other one can be opened with a zipper running down the center, the other one is open from the back if you want to stuff tools there
- A flat pocket inside the large lid
- Long general purpose straps on top of the lid - these can also be replaced with straps of your choice
- Attachments for a rifle or skis on the upper and the center parts of the ruck
- A horizontal compression strap on the upper part of the ruck
Made by Finn-Savotta Oy
Founded in 1955 Finn-Savotta, or just Savotta, is known for their simplistic and extremely rugged designs. For decades Savotta has been the go-to supplier of hiking gear for the Finnish civilian market and combat gear and tents for the defence forces.
Today Savotta operates two factories, one in Karstula, Finland, where they make all their tents and metal components and one in Estonia where they do about 50% of their sewing.