Savotta LJK rucksack
These might also interest you
Särmä TST Utility strap, 110 cm
A proper no-bullshit general purpose tie-down strap, generous length (110 cm) and operated by a quick and easy to use SR-buckle. A no-brainer accessory for any backpack for lashing sleeping bags, sleeping pads or even tents. Also doubles up as a belt, if the need arises. Finnish MILSPEC quality!
Särmä TST Backpack cover, M05 woodland camo
A waterproof camouflage cover for backpacks, available in three sizes to fit anything from small combat packs to huge overpacked bergens. Shields your pack from both rain and surveillance, including the NIR spectrum. Finnish MILSPEC quality!
Finnish sleeping mat
Now, if there's something the Finnish army can do right, it's the sleeping gear. Our kip mat is the best one we've ever seen, to be honest. These are made by the official army contractor, Savotta. You can see from the price you've got quality coming.
Carinthia Defence 4 sleeping bag
The Defence 4 may be Carinthias best all-around sleeping bag. Designed for cold and nasty weather, it's no surprise that (among others) also the Finnish army adopted this very model! This here is a reliable choice, designed for very demanding use!
Finnish M05 pack sack
A Finnish military waterproof packsack, perfect size as a daypack liner. These are quite a leap forward from any standard plastic shopping bags. Available in brown and green.
Särmä TST Combat pack
A straightforward, small-medium sized pack designed for quick access and carry of the most essential fighting gear. Not too many fancy little details and trinkets, just the things most people really need.
Särmä TST CP10 Mini Combat pack
A smaller, lighter, sleeker variant of our full blooded Särmä TST Combat Pack. 10 liter volume, lots of PALS on the outside, a flat zippered pouch on the back, hydration bladder compartment on the inside, tie down straps against the back and a large mesh pocket on the inside of the panel lid.
Särmä TST RP80 recon pack
The RP80 is a large, top and bottom loading sustainment pack that carriers enough gear to keep you going for weeks. Although streamlined and straightforward the pack design offers almost endless possibilities for modular scaling and optimizing. Extra effort has been put into making the carry system as solid and comfortable as possible.
Savotta rucksack's rain cover, Large
There probably isn't a rucksack too large for this rain cover. Top quality from Finland!
One of the best external frame rucksack ever made. Unlike conscripts, this rucksack can take serious beating and abuse without giving up the ghost.
The LJK (Paratrooper) rucksack is made for rough use, not for a stroll downtown. After all, it must be able to survive a para drop and all that comes afterwards, in both summer and freezing winter. This includes the possibility that, if shit hits the fan, this thing is going to hit the ground at terminal velocity. This ruck can be used on skis and has practically no plastic in it - everything that's meant to take the strain is metal, DUR-aluminum and IRR treated cordura. The workmanship is excellent, the stiching strong and lots of additional metal rivets for extra strength. In addition, every rucksack is thoroughly inspected before being shipped from the factory.
Compartments and straps
- The main compartment is divided into two parts: the upper and lower. The upper one is accessed normally from the top, the lower from the sides through zippers & snaps.
- One larger compartment on the outer face of the lower main compartment, operated with two metal buckles.
- A zippered flat outer compartment, which is normally covered by the flap when the ruck is carried.
- One of the side pouches is divided into two compartments, the other is not. Both side pouches are fixed to the pack only by their sides, so you can stuff skis or tools behind them.
- Equipment straps below and on top of the side pouches for secure fit.
- The flap is covered with metal attachment rings, on top and bottom. Additionally, it has a flat compartment inside.
- Unlike the pictures show, the closure strap reinforcements are now black rubber material again, not tan leather.
- Padded and adjustable shoulder straps.
- A very sturdy waistbelt, with a strong metal buckle. The belt is black, unlike in some of our photos.
- Volume 80 litres.
Included is a warranty tag and an instruction pamphlet, both in Finnish. If you have any questions regarding these, just ask. The whole ordeal should be pretty straightforward, though. Although the warranty covers only domestic customers, if you somehow manage to break this, contact us and we'll sort it out in a way that satisfies everyone.
Made by Finn-Savotta Oy
Founded in 1955 Finn-Savotta, or just Savotta, is known for their simplistic and extremely rugged designs. For decades Savotta has been the go-to supplier of hiking gear for the Finnish civilian market and combat gear and tents for the defence forces.
Today Savotta operates two factories, one in Karstula, Finland, where they make all their tents and metal components and one in Estonia where they do about 50% of their sewing.
Please report this product review if for example:
- Review is wildly obscene or completely irrelevant.
- Reviewer has not actually used the product he is reviewing.
If you strongly disagree with this review, please press "I disagree" button above.