Särmä TST Rain poncho, M05 woodland camo
A proper waterproof poncho is still one of a soldiers best friends, an age old design that simply works. The benefits of the poncho are in it´s multifunctionality: it can be worn over both gear and backpacks and used to build small shelters or observation posts when needed.
- Dimensions 215 x 145 cm. Weight 450 g
- Pack size approx. 15 x 10 cm
- Hood sized for wear over helmets
- Press studs along the sides
- Grommets in all corners and on the sides
- Waterproof taped seams
- 100% Polyamide w/ PU coating. Waterproof up to 12000 mm.
- NIR compliant camouflage print
A proper poncho is a very viable substitute for a waterproof jacket, especially so If you need to cut down your load weight or just want to carry less crap. By swapping your waterproof jacket/suit and tarp for a poncho you can easily shave off some of your load weight and best of all you have a few less bits of gear to look after.
The main material is ripstop reinforced 100% polyamide, DWR treated and PU coated. Waterproof up to 12000 mm.
Särmä TST is Varusteleka's own in-house brand of clothing and gear designed for military and law enforcement end users. Our clothing and equipment are made in co-operation with a number of experienced manufacturers with a strong background in producing clothing and gear for military and law enforcement officials, most notably for the Finnish Defence Forces. For further reading check out the Särmä TST corner of our website.
Särmä TST products are covered by a 12-month warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. For further information please read our detailed warranty guide.
Sewn in Estonia
These are sewn in Estonia, by an experienced factory that has a long history of producing clothing for military, law enforcement and emergency services.
Särmä TST M05 hood
Finnish M05 pistol magazine pouch
Särmä TST Backpack cover
Särmä TST Camouflage cloak
Finnish M13 rain trousers
Särmä TST Thermal cloak
Särmä TST RK magazine/multipurpose pouch
Foxa PES Net 260 mesh fabric, M05 summer woodland, by the metre
Snigel Design Ghillie Cloak 14
Särmä TST L6 Hardshell trousers
Foxa Action Camo waterproof fabric, M05 summer woodland, by the metre
Särmä TST mittens w/ trigger finger
Finnish M13 rain jacket
Särmä TST Tarp, M05 woodland camo
Särmä TST L6 Hardshell jacket
Paracord, 30 m
Särmä TST General purpose pouch M
You have already submitted a review. You can edit your text by clicking on it.
Log in and write a review.
Petri I. 09.06.2017 (Edited 09.06.2017)
Nyt on käytettävä lippalakkia yms ettei hupun yläreuna valu nenänpäälle. Ja en ole pienipäinen.
Jan H. 28.06.2017
Chadwick C. 26.07.2017 (Edited 26.07.2017)
RODERIC D. 09.08.2017
Göran G. 19.08.2017 (Edited 19.08.2017)
- Huge hood (Fixed it by "sewing in" it with Gorilla tape. Simple & solid solution)
- Eyelets instead of tabs ("Weak" spot and harder to repair)
- Really solid construction
- Perfect size both on and packed down
- Great that it is shorter in front & larger in back
Please make another version for us civilians that don't wear huge helmets! And please switch to tabs just in case the world turns to shit and DIY reparation is even more important :)
Shawn R. 05.05.2018 (Edited 05.05.2018)
Tomas B. 25.10.2018
1. It is still too pricy for the quality
2. it could be longer/wider for about 10-15cm. I find it shortish as I am 184cm tall. It doesn't cover my knees and the sleaves cover only 2/3 of my arms.
Farasha E. 11.03.2019