Salomon X ALP MTN GTX Forces
These might also interest you
Särmä knee socks, merino wool terry
Wool terry construction works amazingly well with socks, and even better with Merino wool. These knee-high socks are at their best during autumn, winter and spring, but thanks to the whole aforementioned terry thing, tend not to cause excessive sweating during summer months either. Made in Finland!
Woly Protector 3 x 3 impregnation spray, 300 ml
This Woly preservative is designed to be used with all sorts of leather and textiles. This stuff is both dirt and water repellent.
Jalas FX2 insoles
The insole of the latest Finnish army combat boot is a giant leap forward from the old stuff. This is yet another step forward, with an additional cushion in the ball of the foot. "The best thing since sliced bread", as one of our employees has been heard exclaiming. Repeatedly.
Salomon XA Pro 3D MID GTX Forces Gen 2, black
Tactical offroad sneakers with subdued colour scheme. Means these have a superb fit & comfort and provide enough protection, while the black colour means these pass for military use. Lined with waterproof Gore-Tex.
Särmä TST L6 Hardshell jacket
Our hardshell jacket follows the universal standard design for light tactical hardshells. Basic pocket layout, integrated hood and ventilation zippers, it´s all that you need in a hardshell. Our starting point for the design was the Finnish army issue hardshell jacket, but in the end only a few tiny details of the original survived.
Särmä TST L3 Loft Jacket
A very lightweight and packable loft jacket for thermal insulation. Lightweight and breathable polyamide with Climashield continuous fiber filament insulation. A fantastic little bundle of warmth and happiness, this is something you want to bring with you where ever you go.
Tru-Spec Xpedition Pants
Tru-Spec aimed to make a pair of serious general purpose trousers for The Great Outdoors. These allow a completely free range of movement and have about as much cargo space as you would want to have in trousers. Apparently designed with a guy who won the ALONE survival TV series.
Särmä TST L3 Loft Trousers
Very lightweight and packable loft trousers for thermal insulation. Lightweight and breathable polyamide with Climashield continuous fiber filament insulation. A fantastic little bundle of warmth and happiness, this is something you want to bring with you where ever you go.
Salomon XA Forces MID GTX, black
Welcome to 2018! Here are the latest tactical offroad sneakers with subdued colour scheme from Salomon. These have a superb fit & comfort and provide protection, while the black colour means these are suitable for military/LE use, or anyone who doesn’t like to wear a bright logo. Lined with waterproof Gore-Tex.
Conquering rocky hills isn't much fun in sneakers. That's where these boots come in; made for tough terrain with Salomon's experience of making comfy shoes, the X ALP MTN will keep your feet safe from both abrasion and weather while you can just concentrate on navigating the terrain.
No summer sandals these, but rather a serious mountainous hiking boot. Still these are surprisingly light when worn for what they are. The Forces model is in all black colour, without those nasty neon spots.
- Extremely grippy, tough and rigid outsole, works for rock climbing and such
- Upper made of rubber, nylon and 1,5 mm thick nubuck leather
- Gusseted tongue
- Inner lined with breathable fabric and compressed EVA, keeping your feet warm
- Gore-Tex lining on the inside - lets steam out, but keeps moisture from entering the boot
- Cushioned, porous insole.
- Lacing by nylon loops on the bottom, lace locks on the center and hooks on the upper.
- Weight for one mid-sized shoe about 650 grams.
Sizes listed in UK size, then comparable EU size. Foot length in millimetres (Mondopoint) found in the chart below. The last width on these could be described as "regular" that fits most people, or at least should form in use.
|4,5||37 1/3||236 mm|
|5,5||38 2/3||245 mm|
|6||39 1/3||249 mm|
|7||40 2/3||258 mm|
|7,5||41 1/3||262 mm|
|8,5||42 2/3||271 mm|
|9||43 1/3||276 mm|
|10||44 2/3||284 mm|
|10,5||45 1/3||289 mm|
|11,5||46 2/3||298 mm|
|12||47 1/3||302 mm|
|13,5||49 1/3||315 mm|
|14,5||50 2/3||324 mm|
Official measuring guide for Salomon footwear
- Use a shoe box or a wall with a 90° angle.
- Find a sheet of paper or a sheet of cardboard, a ruler and a pen.
What should you do next?
- Make sure that you are wearing the same socks that you would normally wear with this type of boot.
- Wearing these socks, stand on the sheet of paper and place the outside of your foot against the wall or place your foot in the shoe box with your heel wedged firmly against the back.
- Then use your pen and ruler to draw a line just in front of your big toe.
- Measure the distance between the wall or the side of the shoe box and the line that you have just drawn.
- Find this measurement in millimetres in the drop-down box. If you fall between sizes, pick the larger one.
The fit allows wearing double socks as well.
Made by Salomon
Made in China, but with some pretty tough specs.