ITW GT Cobra Buckle
The fabulous fruit of the combined forces of AustriAlpin and ITW Nexus, the famous Cobra buckle made from high strength polymer! Mechanically fantastic, extremely reliable and now also light weight, only downside from the metal Cobra buckle is that these are not suitable for climbing etc. The price is for one half of the buckle.
GT or GhillieTEX is a product line developed by ITW especially for the demanding military market. GT buckles are stronger than their civilian counterparts and offer increased signature reduction - these don't glow bright when viewed through night vision devices.
All buckle halves can be attached onto each other regardless of size! For example you can take a 50 mm female buckle and snap it onto a 38 mm male counterpart. This opens up some pretty wild possibilities for DIY gear makers.
- Two halves:
- Male: the part with the mushroomy, pointy bit that fits inside the female half.
- Female: the mechanically more interesting bit with the locking mechanism.
- Three webbing widths:
- 38 mm: also fits 40 mm webbing commonly used in Europe.
- 45 mm: perfect for 1.75" webbing commonly used in the US .
- 50 mm: the big daddy, designed for 2" belt webbing.
- Two attachment styles:
- Loop: a simple solid loop. You need to sew or otherwise attach the webbing to this type of buckle.
- Slider: an adjustable system with a spring loaded locking bar. Just thread the webbing through and pull tight.
Made from Delrin, a high quality polymer which is both shock absorbant and very resistant to extreme temperatures.
Made by ITW Nexus
These are high quality MILSPEC stuff, tough enough for military etc. rough use and abuse!
These might also interest you
Webbing strap, by the metre, 40 mm
ITW Tri-Glide buckle, black
ITW DWSR buckle
ITW SR Split-Bar
ITW MASH Hook
Berghaus Bergbuckle, 50 mm
ITW GT QASM
Sioen Tacticum Battle Belt, NIJ IIIA
AustriAlpin Cobra Original Buckle
Magpul MS4 Dual QD Sling GEN2
ITW GT Tactical Toggle
Please report this product review if for example:
- Review is wildly obscene or completely irrelevant.
- Reviewer has not actually used the product he is reviewing.
If you strongly disagree with this review, please press "I disagree" button above.
Please send all questions regarding the product via e-mail to email@example.com.