Hunters Element Sabre women's trousers
We suggest you get these too
Särmä merino socks
If you still use cotton socks, dump them now and get these instead. These are superb for outdoor use, but work just as well as formal wear too! These aren't thick, so they can be used around the year. Made with our own specs in Finland.
Hunters Element Sabre women's jacket
A water resistant, very breathable shell jacket, designed first and foremost for hunters, everything else coming second. That isn't to say this would not work in any use where you'd need a water & rainproof barrier, if you don't mind the camo, which is one of the major things in Hunters Element product range.
These might also interest you
Estecs Hunter's first aid kit
A high quality first aid package that not only covers your basic bandaging needs more than adequately, but also provides you with the hardware to treat more serious wounds and prevent bloodloss and hypothermia.
Alpina Trapper RJ Brown
Heavy duty full leather boots, lined with Sympatex. As you might have already guessed, these have all the nice features of proper modern boots meant for rough terrain.
Särmä leather belt, 40 mm, brown
Proper old timey robust no-nonsense leather belts are increasingly difficult to find these days, well at least until we started making these! This here is just that, a proper no-nonsense leather trouser belt, brown leather with a classical single prong brass buckle.
Särmä ladies common jeans, blue
We felt a bit bad for making proper stuff for men only, so here are women's jeans! Ladies wanted a modest boot cut so here it is. These are, you know, real jeans with functional pockets and everything, and definitely not stonewashed or any of that crap.
Särmä cargo trousers
Lightweight, practical and comfy polycotton ripstop trousers with an excellent cut. Because we had these made in huge volumes, the end price could be kept very reasonable.
Extremely water resistant shell trousers, designed first and foremost for hunters, everything else coming second. That isn't to say these would not work in any use where you'd need a light water & rainproof barrier, if you don't mind the camo, which is one of the major things in Hunters Element product range.
When we have the hunting season in Finland, the weather is usually wet, cold and/or nasty, just the best time for membranes and this lighter one is a very nice general purpose choice. This garment is specifically designed for hunting use - it doesn't rustle or shine and gives a total freedom of movement. A good unstable weather trick is to start with Merino wool underwear, then put anything in between (fleece/wool) and these always on top and you're good to go.
- High waist with active cut. These don't snag or flap around in the wind. Additionally the legs are designed to work well when crouching and doing all kinds of foresty stuff.
- A superbly waterproof two-layer laminate with partial mesh and nylon lining. The membrane lets out some of the moisture generated by the wearer while blocking rain & wind from the outside. However it's not the best garment for high intensity movement. For stationary activity and light walking it's perfect. Just the situations hunters tend to find themselves in. Compared to 3-layer laminate this still keeps water and wind out damn well and breathes slightly better. Most GTX clothes are 3-layer laminate.
- Zipper fly with snap reinforcement. The zipper is YKK made and snap is nice quality.
- Velcro adjustments on the leg cuffs.
- Basic assortment of pockets; regular slash pockets and two zippered flat cargo pockets. You don't want to carry a whole lot of stuff inside trousers so these are left small on purpose.
Weighs about 500 grams and packs pretty small.
The "Desolve" camouflage line is one of the main things about Hunters Element gear. It's rather meticulously engineered to fool animal vision by using well thought out colours and contrasts, it's not designed to simply blend in the surroundings, but more to break up the general form of the wearer so the animal doesn't recognize you to be human. We sell the "Veil" variation, which tends to suit Finnish terrain and season better.
Sizes in a very simple S, M, L style system with a comparable US size in the brackets. Lengthwise these should fit most people and don't have to be oversized, thanks to the design of the legs, which will also go over or in your hunting boots anyway.
Hunters Element is a company from New Zealand. Those guys are all fanatical hunters and outdoor maniacs so they do know what they're doing when designing this stuff. These are made by observing what really works out there and what doesn't. The gear is made in China but to high standard, as the prices suggest.