Hunters Element Range Pants, Veil Camo
We suggest you get these too
Särmä merino wool long johns, black
As the weather gets cold and nasty, so do cotton undergarments. The answer is to switch to merino wool. These have a nice, snug fit for best functionality. We had these made in Lithuania just for us.
Hunters Element Range Jacket, Veil Camo
An extremely water resistant shell jacket, designed first and foremost for hunters, everything else coming second. That isn't to say this would not work in any use where you'd need a water & rainproof barrier, if you don't mind the camo, which is one of the major things in Hunters Element product range. The Range jacket is a shortened model and is made exclusively for the Finnish market.
These might also interest you
Mil-Tec mid layer set, fleece, zipper collar
A shirt with a high, zippered collar and very simple pants with an elastic waist. Wear this over your underwear and under your outerwear and you'll stay warm.
Mil-Tec trouser braces with clips
Your standard clip hook trouser braces. Will fit any pants you can think of. Also, no midget sizes here, these are adjustable up to 120 cm length and very much shorter if necessary.
Alpina Trapper RJ Brown
Heavy duty full leather boots, lined with Sympatex. As you might have already guessed, these have all the nice features of proper modern boots meant for rough terrain.
Särmä leather belt, 40 mm, brown
Proper old timey robust no-nonsense leather belts are increasingly difficult to find these days, well at least until we started making these! This here is just that, a proper no-nonsense leather trouser belt, brown leather with a classical single prong brass buckle.
Extremely water resistant shell trousers, designed first and foremost for hunters, everything else coming second. That isn't to say these would not work in any use where you'd need a light water & rainproof barrier, if you don't mind the camo, which is one of the major things in Hunters Element product range.
When we have the hunting season in Finland, the weather is usually wet, cold and/or nasty, just the best time for membranes and this lighter one is a very nice general purpose choice. This garment is specifically designed for hunting use - it doesn't rustle or shine and gives a total freedom of movement. A good unstable weather trick is to start with Merino wool underwear, then put anything in between (fleece/wool) and these always on top and you're good to go.
- High waist with active cut. These don't snag or flap around in the wind. Additionally the legs are designed to work well when crouching and doing all kinds of foresty stuff.
- A superbly waterproof two-layer laminate with partial mesh and nylon lining. The membrane lets out some of the moisture generated by the wearer while blocking rain & wind from the outside. However it's not the best garment for high intensity movement. For stationary activity and light walking it's perfect. Just the situations hunters tend to find themselves in. Compared to 3-layer laminate this still keeps water and wind out damn well and breathes slightly better. Most GTX clothes are 3-layer laminate.
- Zipper fly with snap reinforcement. The zipper is YKK made and snap is nice quality.
- Velcro adjustments on the leg cuffs.
- Basic assortment of pockets; regular slash pockets and two zippered flat cargo pockets. You don't want to carry a whole lot of stuff inside trousers so these are left small on purpose.
Weighs about 700 grams and packs pretty small, about the same size as a 0,7 litre bottle of whiskey.
The "Desolve" camouflage line is one of the main things about Hunters Element gear. It's rather meticulously engineered to fool animal vision by using well thought out colours and contrasts, it's not designed to simply blend in the surroundings, but more to break up the general form of the wearer so the animal doesn't recognize you to be human. We sell the "Veil" variation, which tends to suit Finnish terrain and season better.
Sizes in a very simple S, M, L style system. Lengthwise these should fit most people and don't have to be oversized, thanks to the design of the legs, which will also go over your hunting boots anyway.
Our 180 cm tall model had no problems whatsoever with the length.
Hunters Element is a company from New Zealand. Those guys are all fanatical hunters and outdoor maniacs so they do know what they're doing when designing this stuff. These are made by observing what really works out there and what doesn't. The gear is made in China but to high standard, as the prices suggest.