Anti-Corrol "Super Sini" bluing liquid, 50 ml
Bluing liquid for all kinds of metallic surfaces, made by Anti-Corrol. Also works with copper.
Comes with instructions of use in Finnish. For English speaking customers we have translated and cobbled together the key points:
First of all, the stuff is essentially very corrosive acid, do use gloves, don't let it in contact with the skin. This will eat through cloth and wood. The vapours irritate breathing, so it's necessary to use a face mask & protective goggles too and keep the space ventilated. Don't eat/drink anything during the treatment process or even smoke. Avoid splashes, take off contaminated clothes immediately and wash them well. If you get this on the skin or worse yet, on eyes or mouth, get to the doctor immediately after first aid, which in this case is lots of water in the exposed spot.
Usage for spot bluing:
- 1) Clean the surface with suitable solvents.
- 2) Moisten it with a rag or a stick with some Super Sini on it.
- 3) When dry, rub the surface rust off with 000 grade steel wool.
- 4) Repeat after the desired effect is achieved.
- 5) Wash the surface well with hot water.
- 6) Finish it by oiling the surface and buff it with soft cloth.
- 1) Clean the surface with suitable solvents. The old bluing doesn't have to be removed.
- 2) Heating the piece isn't necessary, but heating it before the process to about 40 to 60 degrees celsius gives the best results.
- 3) Treat the surface with a rag soaked in Super Sini.
- 4) When dry, rub the surface rust off with 000 grade steel wool.
- 5) Repeat after the desired effect is achieved. It should take about 3-4 treatments to get a nice effect.
- 6) Wash the surface generously with hot water so the bluing process will stop and the Super Sini will be completely removed from pores etc.
- 7) Finish it by oiling the surface and buff it with soft cloth.
Usage for bluing:
Super Sini is hazardous waste, don't pour it down the sink or throw in the nature.