Varusteleka's Midsummer BingoShare on Facebook
Winners of Midsummer Bingo have been raffled
Nine people drowned during this Midsummer in Finland, making it one of the crappiest years in this century when it comes to swimming and staying alive. Therefore the gift card wasn't very big this year either in our Midsummer Bingo.
The 50 euro gift card went to Arto U. We also raffled out ten Jämä M91 backpacks. The lucky winners were Lasse K, Jenni P, Scott M, Vili V, Samuel S, Jim K, Vallo V, Teemu K, Akseli H, and Ari S. Congratulations to everybody! We have contacted all the winners!
Maybe next year will be a dry one!
Midsummer has been a magical event in Finland for thousands of years. What we do - with our 188,000 lakes and all - is we go to the countryside, organize a big party, drink too much, have the worst arguments, and drown.
This long-expected party usually collects the most drownings in the year, and that number is the biggest headline for newspapers. The Midsummer bingo where people guess how many drown is a popular sport at Finnish workplaces, but we want to include our customers in it too. Let's make it international once again!
So here's the deal: Guess how many Finns will drown this midsummer and you might win a prize! The actual number is usually between 1 and 20, but you can pick any number you like. Before you get all worked up, note that most Midsummer drownings happen when people get way too drunk and go boating without a life jacket or try to swim too far. This is our way of reminding people to act responsibly. Don't enter a boat without your life jacket, don't go swimming alone or while drunk, and drinking doesn't necessarily have to strive towards vomiting and passing out.
To motivate our Finnish customers not to drown, the prize will be the biggest in case of 0 drownings, and will gradually decrease the bigger the number gets.
Prizes are as follows
The person who gets the number right will receive a Varusteleka gift card according to the chart below. If more than one guess it right, we will draw the winner.
|Number of drowned people:||Prize|
|0 persons||1000 € gift card|
|1 person||750 € gift card|
|2 persons||500 € gift card|
|3 persons||350 € gift card|
|4 persons||150 € gift card|
|5 persons||100 € gift card|
|More than 5 persons||50 € gift card|
In addition to the main prize we will raffle out ten (10) Jämä M91 backpacks.
Guess the number of people to drown
Form has been closed.
- To enter the competition, fill in the form with your name and contact information, and guess the number of people drowning in Finland during this year's Midsummer. We will gather all the contact information in a temporary register to be able to announce the results and contact the winners. The register will be purged after the raffle.
- Many people will most likely pick the same number, so the right guess does not automatically win. The winner will be randomly selected among those who guessed the correct number.
- If there are no right guesses, we will randomly pick one winner amongst all the participants and give that person a €100 gift card.
- You don't need to buy anything to participate, and we won't use your contact information for marketing.
- It's strictly forbidden to try to influence the number by drowning yourself or other people in Finland. If the winner has drowned in Finland or is suspected of drowning someone in Finland, we'll select another winner. Drowning yourself or others in another country does not affect the outcome.
- The participation form will close on 24th of June 11:59 pm UTC+3 and any guesses arriving after that will be discarded.
- We will check the number of drowned people from the most reliable Finnish yellow press newspaper, Iltalehti, on the following Monday, 28th of June. The winners will be contacted on 29th of June.
- You may participate only once!